Ghost March: What Was Never Meant to Be - Part 3

She seemed to lighten up on remembering that name. I got off the train and headed for my hotel. Compared to the graveyard that was only lit by the moon and starry sky, the street lights that burned brightly served to blind me slightly, yet with all this light the streets still came off with this lonesome feeling. There were people walking around but they looked straight ahead as they were walking not caring about what was around them. Amber trailed behind me

“I don’t know what led him to me, the first time he drove me to a small hotel he looked like a frightened rabbit. When we finally got into bed he just kind of stared at me not knowing what to do.  Well so long as he paid me I didn’t care, he didn’t last long as you can imagine when I asked him to pay he told me to wait. I was pissed but after arguing with him I figured he paid for the hour so might as well give it to him. For the time that was remaining we just…talked. It wasn’t about anything, in particular, I didn’t want to talk about myself, he understood that and just started talking about whatever came to mind some of which were ridiculously random”

Her face was glowing with that sweet smile of hers that looked like it was trying to hold back laughter. I couldn’t help smiling myself. Was he a fun guy to be around?

“Not fun but he was really funny and awkward and sweet…and”

She became forlorn again, that glowing smile now replaced with a slightly bitter one.

“I needed that.”

Trying to comfort a ghost isn’t something I can really do even when I really want to. You can’t just hug them and tell them everything’s going to be okay, you can’t just give them an inspirational speech telling them “you can do it!” like a high school cheerleader, after all, they’re already dead. All you can ever really hope for is that you can salvage what was left behind and if they’re happy with the result.

“He came for me a couple more times after that, at one point we stopped having sex and just started talking and then one day he gave me a ring and said he wanted to take me out of that place.”
I made a grin Good on him.

“He used to stutter so much so I didn’t expect that from him, I couldn’t stop myself from crying, I was really happy that day.”

Well, at least there was one moment of levity

“But, it wasn’t going to happen”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost March: What Was Never Meant to Be - Part 1

Ghost March: What Was Never Meant to Be - Part 4

My Fucking Editor Cant be this Useless 1